About Me

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Broke, sisterlocked, nursing student

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wino

I'm what you call a professional wine taster... lol, not really but I love me some wine.

Living in the bay area has its perks and being in such close proximity to the wine country (Napa Valley) is definitely one of them. But believe it or not I have never set foot in Napa/Sonoma or the likes and I am still privied to some of the best wines that the world has to offer.

How, you may ask? There are several wineries (where they distill the grapes and make the wine) in the East Bay and are within a 10 radius of my house.

This past Saturday was a great day for wine lovers in the East Bay as the East Bay Vinters Alliance held its 1st annual "Passport to the East Bay Wine Trail." It featured 13 local wine makers at 8 different locations in Oakland, Emeryville, Berkeley, and Alameda.

To say the least I had a blast... I would have been more fun if I didn't have to be the designated driver. Hopefully I can get some pics from the event and post them soon.

1 comment:

Naseema said...

Ish... Don't hate Im taking Kalilah to Hanger One and Rosenblum today. HEHEHEHEHE