About Me

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Broke, sisterlocked, nursing student

Friday, April 25, 2008

Nikki Giovanni

I love her!!!! She is so outspoken and bows down to no one. My idol. I went to see her last night at the Oakland Museum. My biggest take away was "Don't change who you are for anyone, be you!" One of my strongest beliefs!!! Check her out!


***** Hair Update*****

I had my installation follow-up appointment last Saturday. All is well. It took her an hour to retighten my hair, She recommended that I get my hair retightened every 5 weeks and it should only take 2 hours. I'm juiced about that.

I have yet to wash my hair, partly because I don't feel I need to (no smell, no itching or flaking) and partly because I have never been an advocate of frequent washing. My consultant told me that when I do decide to wash I don't have to band and braid as she doesn't anticipate any slippage. All I have to do is dilute my shampoo and spray it on my scalp and massage it in, then just rinses out in the shower. I don't anticipate washing it until right before my next retightening so I'll give an update on how it came out then.

2 comments:

Allecia said...

Did your consultant give you any specifications for how many parts water to shampoo? I have the hardest time rinsing my diluted shampoo out.

Naseema said...

She didn't nut I'm not gonna use shampoo. I plan on using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap and do a 4:1 dilution. I plan on washing in the next few days so I'll let you know how it comes out.