About Me

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Broke, sisterlocked, nursing student

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Consultation

I met with the consultant today at around 6pm and it was great. I am so excited about my locks that I can barely wait the almost two weeks that it will take for her to be able finally do the installation. As it turned out I went to elementary school with my consultant and I felt an instant bond with her.




She sat me down and showed me the book with the different styles and discussed the optimal size. She said that since my hair was natural it would hold well and would probably lock in months. Its paying off to be nappy. In the little time that we were discussing the process she did 16 samples. My only concern is that the parts aren't straight and though I like the size of the locs think that the parts should be smaller. Maybe I'm just nit picking... see for yourself.


I'm already in love with my hair. I set up the appointment for the installation on Sunday, March 30th. Because I have such a small head she said that it would only take one day! Yeah.... More to come.

8 comments:

Kisha said...

Congratulations on taking the 1st step! You shouldn't worry about your parts for the test locks though since those locks aren't meant to be permanent. They're supposed to take them out when you return for your installation.

Tina said...

Hi there. Just from looking at the photos, (and from my personal preference) I think the locks are too big - keep in mind that they're probably going to swell to about twice that size with washing and all.
Keep updating us on how your test locks do as you wash them.

Allecia said...

I imagine that your consultant plans on removing the test locks before starting your installation (but 16 is a lot!) Definitely make sure that you and your consultant are on the same page with the appropriate size for your locks before she begins your installation.

Naseema said...

Thanks all for your feedback.I have alot to discuss with my consultant. I didn't factor in the swelling. Your comments are priceless and I appreciate them to the utmost. I'll keep you all posted.

Lakia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I think you should express your concerns that you have with your consultant. Hopefully the test locks will be taken out before your installation.

Maryee said...

I want to say my consultant removed my test locks prior to installation. It would only make sense, especially since they should be easy to take down. Wishing you all the best!

Kimani's Knapps said...

I love your hair. I hope you love it.

Peace and Many Blessings,

Kimani2

Naseema said...

Thanks so much Kimani. I do love my hair!!!